Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Welcome to The Family

Except not really. I'm not actually telling you how I make this.

Mother's day is coming up, and gods love her, all my mom ever wants to do for days dedicated to her is come over and watch me cook lasagna. Oh, and then eat it. Obvs.

So, in honor of the upcoming day in the kitchen, I give you....holy shit....pictures from when I made it last Mother's Day. These photos were taken for the express reason of creating this post. I'm so bad at this....

Anyway....

The basis of this, and any respectable Italian dish is olive oil and garlic. You can discuss the best method of garlic delivery. Some smash, some grate, some chop, some roast then smash....do what you feel. But do it a lot. I personally have doubled the "recipe" measure of garlic in this and most everything else I make.


Then, you make The Sauce. This is the awesome all day sauce that is great for any number of redsauce dishes. Once you finish this step, which, you know, takes 6hrs, you can make spaghetti, tortellini, ziti, etc etc etc. But the magic of all the things is found here. I firmly believe the quality of the dish begins and ends with 1. the best ingredients you can afford and 2. your sauce.

Oh, and you guys, so much cheese. It's hiding everywhere. We have....romano, parm, ricotta, and mozzarella.


Which, you know, you should shred by hand. That ensures you slice off a piece of your finger so a little of you is in every dish.


 Meatballs. For reasons.


So you've made your sauce, and mixed your cheeses, and made your meatballs, and it's all shiny and ready for the magic. Pile that shit together. Let your dog eat whatever falls to the floor.


Oven. Magic.


Eat. Try not to eat it all. Also try not to be drunk by the time you get to this step. Because nothing says "crack open a bottle of Sangiovese" like making lasagna.

No comments:

Post a Comment