Sunday, December 30, 2012

Oh, New Year

I may or may not do this every year, the obligatory look back and resolution-y look forward. I can't really remember. But clearly, I'm doing it this year because in my head, if it's out to the universe of the interwebs, it's more real. Or something.

First, a recap of accomplished (and failed, miserably failed) goals for 2012. I can say that the 2013 list will consist of re-trys on the misses on 2012. I'm not sure what else. Clearly I made this list when I thought I was rich.



Food and Fitness
One soda per week or less - Totally nailed it.
Workout 3x per week (2x derby, 1x yoga/strength) - Uh...derby yes, other stuff, not really.
Quit smoking - I put this down every year. But this time IT TOTALLY WORKED. No smoking since August.
Most liquid intake - WATER - eh...mostly
Ride bicycle more to/from work - Not even damn close. It's not that I'm just lazy, I just have a major issue with waking up on time to drive to work. I'll think about trying harder next year.

Goals and Projects
Scan and organize photos - Didn't even think about it after I wrote it down. True story
Complete a sewing project - Bought materials, didn't make the things.
Write in blog at least monthly - HAHAHAHAHA

Career and Finance
Pay off all revolving debt - OK so I almost did this. I got really close
Do not incur new revolving debt - Fail. Immense. Damn. Fail.
Pay off car by 12/31 - Soclose. Soveryclose.
Establish career path (either at HD or research other companies once MBA completed) - Eh. See my previous post about what I'm going to do or not do with my life.

Travel
Seattle – Summer Trip - This was one of the best trips ever.
At least two weekend trips - We spent a lot of time and money on Seattle, so our singular weekend trip will be to Austin. Tomorrow. Apparently.

Personal Improvement
Look into (or start!) Spanish lessons - Ooops
Use Library rather than buying books - I didn't get to the Library much. But I did get a new Nook and Scott loaded more books onto it than I could read in a year. So I will call this a success.
Read 2 books per month – goal 24 total - Assuming I finish this goddamn Martin book in the next two days, this will  be a success.

House Project Goals
New Sink - Womp Womp. Money is a bitch, OK?
New Sliding Door - See above
Maintain back yard cleanup weekly - I got this handled about halfway through the year. Then just, you know, stopped. 

So I guess I ran about a 50% success rate. Which is actually a huge improvement from years past. And if you look at the ones that I DID accomplish, they're pretty significant and awesome. So stop judging me, alright? Jerks.

No comments:

Post a Comment